5th Saratoga Recycles Day held by Sustainable Saratoga
Saturday, October 2, 2021
9:00am – 12:00 noon
SPAC Parking Lot West side on Route 50 (you’ll see it)
$5.00 per vehicle
It is for everyone from everywhere
$30 per TV, limit 4 per vehicle
Exact amounts are really appreciated!
This is the 5th Recycling Day held by Sustainable Saratoga and it’s a wonderful opportunity to clean out your unwanted things and help the environment so these don’t end up in a landfill. Each year Sustainable Saratoga has improved their system to make the day go even better, faster and smoother.
It takes place on October 2nd, 2021, right in the SPAC parking lot (WEST Side on Route 50). What’s really awesome about these recycling days is that Sustainable Saratoga partners with local businesses and not for profits to help the community donate directly to those who can benefit the most.
There is a $5 entrance fee, which is totally worth every penny to being all your unwanted and broken stuff all at once. TVs are tricky to recycle so they do have to charge a fee to take them and have to limit them to 4 per vehicle. $30 per TV does seem a bit much, but I’ll be honest, in all my researching over the years to find places for e-waste and electronics recycling, it’s really hard to find. $30 per TV seems ok to pay to get rid of those TV safely.
How to Have a Successful Saratoga Recycles Day 2021
The first and most important step in having a successful and fast recycling day in organization. Get boxes or section off your car with the different items that are going to each place. Sustainable Saratoga lists out what each organization can take so organize your vehicle the same way. For example, group together, here are some ideas:
- Men’s wearable clothes and accessories for the backstretch workers organization B.E.S.T.
- Children’s clothing and backpacks for Domestic Violence Project
- Any condition clothing and household textiles – if there are in good condition they will go to place who can use it and unwearable textiles goes to textile recycling
- Old glasses – put in a zipppy bag
- Scrap metal might lay down on the back seat floor so it doesn’t poke anyone or anything
Thanks for reading. I hope this helps! :o)